Passionate about African film? Volunteer at Film Africa 2017!
Film Africa Festival, London
Film Africa is the Royal African Society’s annual festival celebrating the best cinema from Africa and the African diaspora. Established in 2011, every year Film Africa brings diverse London audiences a high quality and wide-ranging film programme accompanied by a vibrant series of events, including director Q&As, talks and discussions; professional workshops and master classes; school screenings and family activities; festival awards; and Film Africa LIVE! music nights.
The 2017 festival edition will take place in venues across London from 27 October to 5 November. We’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our Volunteer team and help out with the following tasks:
- Meeting and greeting Festival guests and audience members
- Point of contact for queries from the public
- Stewarding at Film Africa events
- Gathering audience evaluation
- Distribution and collection of Audience Award postcards
- Arrangement of Festival brochures and merchandise
- Coordination of speakers’ refreshments
- Mic running during post-screening panels and Q&As
- Live tweeting from post-screening panels and Q&As
Volunteers are expected to do a minimum of 5 shifts over the ten days of the festival, and will also be required to attend a 2-hour Volunteer Induction the week before the festival (date and time TBC).
Our Volunteers often tell us what a fun and rewarding experience they’ve had, seeing great films, meeting like-minded people and gaining valuable experience. If you’re passionate about film and/or Africa and you would like to apply, please email your CV to Abel at firstname.lastname@example.org along with 300 words max explaining why you would like to join the Film Africa 2017 team. Please note VOLUNTEER APPLICATION in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Monday 16 October.