Passionate about African film? Volunteer at Film Africa 2016!
The 2016 festival edition will take place in venues across London from 28 October to 6 November. We’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our Volunteer team and help out with the following tasks:
- Meeting and greeting Festival guests and audience members
- Point of contact for queries from the public
- Stewarding at Film Africa events
- Getting feedback from the Film Africa audience
- Distribution and collection of Audience Award postcards
- Arrangement of Festival brochures and merchandise
- Coordination of speakers’ refreshments
- Mic running during post-screening panels and Q&As
- Social media – live tweeting from post-screening panels and Q&As
Volunteers are expected to do a minimum of 5 shifts over the ten days of the festival, and will also be required to attend a 2-hour Volunteer Induction the week before the festival (date and time TBC).
Our Volunteers often tell us what a fun and rewarding experience they’ve had, seeing great films, meeting like-minded people and gaining valuable experience. If you’re passionate about film and/or Africa and you would like to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com along with 300 words max explaining why you would like to join the Film Africa 2016 team. Please note VOLUNTEER APPLICATION in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 29 September at 10:00.